Recently I was working on a issue where I needed to change the port from 8080 to 80(default) of Siebel Application’s url. There were the following observation.
- Since the port was to be changed so the change was to be made in Web Server in my case (Oracle Http Server).
- Web server is Installed with non-root user
- Port 0 to 1024 cannot be set by a non-root user
- On Unix any service (including OHS) that runs on port < 1024 must be run as root-user. You must re-configure OHS so that service is started as root user
- And web server should be reconfigured only with the person who installed it
In UNIX systems, if you change the Oracle HTTP Server Listen port number to a value less than 1024, you must enable Oracle HTTP Server to run as root, for this we need to follow:
- Login with root user
- Navigate to ORACLE_HOME/ohs/bin and change the owner and permission of file .apachectl chown root .apachectl (dot infront of apachectl specify that this is hidden file) chmod 6750 .apachectl
- In the same location locate script file apachectl Add the line LD_LIBRARY_PATH=Siebel_home_dir/sweapp/bin:Siebel_home_dir/sweapp/bin/enu above the lines: #set ulimit for OHS to dump core when it crashes ulimit -c unlimited
- Exit root user and login in user who installed OHS and Make changes in eapps.cfg file under Siebel_home_dir/sweapp/bin and httpd.config file under ORACLE_HOME/instance/config/ohs
$ORACLE_INSTANCE/bin/opmnctl stopproc process-type=OHS
$ORACLE_INSTANCE/bin/opmnctl startproc process-type=OHS
Hope this was helpful ..